Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Prologue of Sorts

"You know what I want to think of myself? As a human being. Because, I mean I don't want to be like 'As Confucius say,' but under the sky, under the heavens there is but one family. It just so happens that people are different."
-Bruce Lee

A few years ago, I doubt I would be where I am. To be honest, I did not know if I would even be around. I was a wreck, both physically and emotionally. I was always the kid other people picked on in elementary school, all the way through high school. So I was basically going through my childhood with a fear of society, little self-confidence, and no faith in my works. I had, and still have, amazing parents who were always there for me, but my peers and my self-doubt ruined my childhood.

Three years ago I decided to change all of that. I don't know what the catalyst was that made me actually take action, but whatever it was, I owe it my sanity. I found a way to beat my depression. I turned myself around, and improved, be it physically, intellectually, or socially. I found a way to not fear people around me and instead make friends with them. I was able to get the fresh start that I've always wanted.

At the same time, I discovered a passion for writing. I always loved to read. Book, comics, poetry, and screenplays, all had been my solace during my childhood. Now I realized that I too could make the stories that I loved. Writing was an accessible outlet, a way to share my ideas and make something out of my dreams, imagination, and fantasies. And it wasn't just fiction. I took an interest in journalism, and started writing for my high school's newspaper. That only helped to improve my state of mind further. I was in a group of people with a shared passion, and we were encouraged to pursue it. The newspaper became my outlet, and it still is, even in college.

I still write fiction, or at least, I still try to. I have more than a few ideas for stories, some prose, some comic books, some even movies. Some are very personal to me, others are fun and adventurous. I want to write them all one of these days. I'm going to try to. And that's what led me here.

So, what do I hope to get out of this blog?

Well, I want this blog to be my place to share my ideas, to practice my writing, and to keep myself focused on my passions. I plan on putting a bunch of different pieces of writing-poetry, short stories, novel ideas, comic ideas, etc, as well as some thoughts on life, college, and the writing process.

Life is an endless novel, and this is my attempt to document it.

The first of many tales,
Nicholas

3 comments:

  1. Nicholas, A good start! Keep going!
    And I am glad I am the first one to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reach you're the man. i love you bro.
    - macaque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I look forward to what content you create!

    As a bit of advice, check out my friend Valerie's blog
    http://valeriegeary.blogspot.com/

    She's a writer and has really kicked up the blogging a notch. She's got lots of tips and tricks about shopping work, keeping creativity going, and has grown her site into quite the hub of different writers...

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete